Wednesday 2 April 2014

Skincare - My current top 3

So writing up my blog post last night about my favourite lips at the moment - read here - got me really thinking about what my favourite products were. It seems I'm in love with so many right now as it was really hard to bring the list down! And that's why I have decided to split them down in to manageable pieces, so that I can give better reviews about my favourite things rather than write a list the length of my arm! So here they are, the items that made it in to my Top 3 for Skincare!


Urban Veda Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish - This is a sample that I got in one of my monthly subscription boxes and instantly fell in love with it. From the lovely design of the packaging, to its delicious scent, it's lush! The trouble I have with a lot of facial exfoliators is that the exfoliant beads are either so big and scratchy that they're verging on painful or so fine that you can't feel them working at all, and I just like to be able to feel something working. No such trouble's with this, the beads are the perfect size to both buff my skin effectively AND not leave me feeling slightly tortured in the process. And Urban Veda is a company that works with natural skincare, so you know that there are no harsh artificial chemicals in there.

T-Zone Clear Out Nose Pore Strips - I don't actually know of many people using pore strips. I know none of my friends do and I'm yet to come across a blog where they are spoken about. Maybe I'm just the only person that thinks these are magical! At first I found them a mixture of slightly intriguing and slightly horrifying (seeing those pore strips after they have been used can be a bit of a shock) but now I've grown really fond of them. No matter how good your skin is, these pore strips will pick up the slightest trace of a blackhead. But that's what I like, they make your skin feel intensely clean, whilst the after effects of the tea-tree oil leave your skin feeling cool and tingly. I usually use these after cleansing in the evening and then moisturise and my pores always look much more refined the next day.

The Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Cream - Suffering from eczema on my hands and forearms, they have a tendency to get really dry and senstitive from time-to-time. This then comes as an absolute godsend to my hands as it deeply nourishes and treats my dry, cracked skin but doesn't irritate my skin further like I find a lot of other hand creams tend to. I try not to let my hands get to the point of being bad but I always know I can rely on this to make them lovely and soft again. And, like all The Body Shop's products, it smells really good and not at all artificial.

So there you go, they are my top 3 skincare products. I could have chosen a lot more, like Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream which you can just feel working, or nSpa Revitalising Toning Mist which is sooo refreshing, but I managed to whittle it down to those three heavyweights!!

What products do you have in your top 3, any of mine?


Urban Veda Radiance Exfoliating Facial Polish can be found on Urban Veda for £8.99 for 125ml
T-Zone Pore Strips can be found on Fragrance Direct for £2.50 for 6 strips
The Body Shop Almond Hand Cream can be found on The Body Shop for £5 for 30ml

No comments:

Post a Comment