Sunday 30 March 2014

Empties of the Month


So this month I'm sad to say I've used up all of my (from left to right) Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque (massive sad face!), my small bottles of Toni & Guy Cleanse Shampoo & Nourish Conditioner, FCUK Body Spray, nSPa Illuminating Beauty Serum, Rimmel Day to Night Mascara, Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara, DKNY Red Delicious Lip Gloss and a small bottle of St. Tropez Light Bronzing Mousse. I have actually had a couple more empties this month but I stupidly forgot I was saving them up to do an 'Empties of the Month' post and threw them away, I guess I'm still new to blogging!

So firstly, Dermalogica Skin Refining Masque: I love this product!! I got bought it as part of a set a long while ago and for some reason I put it away in my cupboard and only rediscovered it in the last couple of months, and I'm so glad I did! This is a clay masque that is recommended for oily skin (therefore perfect for me) and it definitely helped reduce the amount of oil my skin produced. It has a lovely smooth texture that was so easy to apply evenly over my face and then I used to just sit back and enjoy the smell and the soothing feel of the masque for 10 minutes whilst it dried and then rinsed it off with warm water. My skin would then feel so soft and clean without being in anyway dried out. Perfect!! I'll definitely be repurchasing this.

Toni & Guy Cleanse Shampoo Nourish Conditioner: My friend bought me full sized bottles of these as part of my Christmas present and I fell in love with just how soft and shiny they left my hair! So I went out and bought a couple of mini bottles from Boots as well to keep in my wash bag for when I go to the gym in the morning before work. They smell divine and leave my hair feeling clean, soft and cared for.

FCUK Body Spray: This is another item that was bought for me (seems to be a recurring pattern!) and came as part of a set. I loved this gentle, oriental fragrance and kept it in my handbag for a little spritz of refreshment during the day. It wasn't a particularly durable fragrance but what body sprays are really? But it did smell lovely and I really enjoyed it. Just as a side note - the body lotion and scrub that were in this set were also lovely and the scrub is still going strong!

nSPa Illuminating Beauty Serum: I took my mum to Nirvana Spa in Reading for her birthday last year for a day of pampering and treatments and whilst we were there we wandered in to their shop (still in our gowns as we had come straight from the jacuzzi, luxury!) and I was recommended this beauty serum from their range (by a family member that works there) as I had said that I was worried that my skin was looking a bit dull . At first I was using this product exactly how it instructs and applied it to my face following cleansing and, although I loved the smell, I wasn't particularly impressed by the product. This was until I was told to mix a small amount in with my foundation and apply it like that instead. What a difference this made!! My skin suddenly looked radiant and well illuminated. A really lovely, inexpensive product and I think you can purchase these in Asda and so it is very easy to pick up.

Rimmel Day to Night Mascara: I really liked the idea of this mascara, having one brush designed to lengthen your eyelashes and another to add volume. Sadly I wasn't quite as impressed by it as I had hoped. I found that the brush that added volume was quite good and did seem to add a bit of volume but to be honest I didn't really see any difference in length from the lengthening brush. I also found the consistency slightly on the thin side. I did quite like using this product with the volumising brush over the top of the Cat Eyes mascara that I am also about to talk about though...

Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara: I really liked this mascara, it added great length and definition to my eyelashes and the consistency was perfect. I did used to use my Day to Night mascara over the top once it dried (as earlier mentioned) to give it extra volume but the length it gave my eyelashes was to die for!

DKNY Red Delicious Lip Gloss: I actually wasn't a massive fan of this lipgloss, but then I'm not a massive fan of lipglosses in general really. This came as a promotional freebie with the DKNY Red Delicious perfume and although the colour was quite nice, I found it incredibly tacky and thick and just felt horrible to wear on your lips. This isn't exactly an Empty of the Month, I just found it still hanging around the depths of my make-up draw and tried it, rediscovered why I disliked it so much and decided to quickly throw it out before it found it's way back in to the murky depths to become forgotten about again!

St. Tropez Light Bronzing Mousse: I bought this off of FeelUnique.com because I wanted to try using a tanning MOUSSE rather than a lotion, but didn't want to go for a full sized bottle in case I couldn't get along with it, it turns out I should have got a full sized bottle! I loved this tanning mousse, it was so easy to apply evenly without accidentally putting on too much at a time and getting that horrible streaky look that no-one wants. The smell is just like any other St. Tropez tan, not a nasty biscuit smell but not exactly delicious either, just average. But the tan itself is great and a lot less messy than the spray on tans or lotions. I would definitely recommend this!

Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment