Monday 10 March 2014

Fitness -Spinning

I personally love doing group exercise classes and find that they are the only way that I really push myself. I have a bad habit of not really giving my full effort and being a bit lazy if I attempt to go it alone in the gym. But doing a class, my competitive (some would say stubborn!) side really comes into effect. Plus it's great fun and motivational being part of a group.

My favourite class has to be spinning and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a good cardio workout. In one 45 minute class you can burn up to 500 calories, sometimes even more! And I sure you, it's not as scary as you may believe. Before I started spinning I was dead set against it thinking I wouldn't be any good at it. It was only by chance that I one day took the plunge and gave it a go... and enjoyed it so much that I now go 2-3 times a week!

I think many people assume that spinning is just riding a bike and isn't anything special but there's much more to it than that. With the use of the gear, you can turn up the resistance to simulate hill climbs or turn it down for flat out sprints. Sometimes push ups are even incorporated to give you a full body workout. And all done to music!

If you are looking to get in to doing spinning classes I would definitely suggest in investing in some padded cycling shorts/trousers, they aren't 100% perfect but do help to prevent a sore saddle bum! Sadly they don't look overly attractive but I promise you will learn to appreciate them. The one I use are from a brand called 'Muddyfox' and are not expensive.


No comments:

Post a Comment