Friday 2 May 2014

Battle of the Primers!

Up until recently I have never bothered with using primers as part of my make-up routine, but then I picked up this Rimmel Stay Matte Primer as it was 3 for 2 on Rimmel (and I really didn't need anymore lipstick!). I used it a couple of times on and off and then I received this RMK Primer in one of my monthly subscription beauty boxes. Since getting these though, I have started using a primer every day. So I think its got to that time to start comparing them now!




First up, this primer from RMK. I was a bit slow trying this out when I first received it, thinking it wouldn't be something I was overly bothered by and then was quite disappointed when I poured some out and found it had a really thin consistency. I thought it would not stand a chance against my overly oily skin! But actually I was really impressed with just how well it held my make-up. I noticed a significant difference in the amount of time my make-up held and I looked oil-free. I have fallen in love with this primer and use it a lot.



This Rimmel offering is of a lot thicker consistency which I liked before trying the thinner RMK one. It's quite easy to apply in that you just rub it all over your face and leave it for a minute to really set. Since using the RMK primer though, I've found I don't get on so well with the thicker texture. I just feel it doesn't absorb as nicely in to the skin. It's still quite a good primer and I do notice a slight difference in the longevity of my make-up when I have used it compared to when I haven't used a primer but for me personally it just doesn't hold a candle to the RMK offering.

Therefore, my clear winner is RMK's Primer. It has just won hands down with consistency and how it works on my skin. It really is the better of the two, sorry Rimmel!! But for the price difference you would expect RMK's to dominate Rimmel's, if you are on a budget the Rimmel Primer really is quite good.

Have you tried any of these primers? What primer is your personal favourite? All comments are very much appreciated!

RMK primer is available here for £28 for 30ml
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer is available here for £5.99 for 30ml

No comments:

Post a Comment